Last Updated 6/26
My husband flew up to New York to accompany his mother back there after a two-week visit in Georgia. He left Saturday and then came back today. Three nights without him – man, it was rough in the mornings.
While my statement was dramatic, it was my way of telling him, “Thank you.” My husband is my caregiver. Every morning he serves me breakfast and makes sure I take my medication. Mornings are my roughest time, and without him, I would miss many meals (and Lord knows I need to), and I would not be as compliant with my medicine. The caregiver role is not so easy, and it is even harder when it a spouse.
If Your Spouse is Your Caregiver, Consider These # Tips
- SHOW your gratitude…every day.
- Make getting a break YOUR idea (and follow through with it).
- Flirt and do the other F-word.
- Do your part.
We are all human, and we have our cross to bear. Don’t forget that. The best way you can show God gratitude is by demonstrating your appreciation, compassion, and lust for your partner.
- I thank God for the ability to hold myself accountable for my fellow humans.
- I thank God that I know I am worthy of such special treatment.
- I thank God for Mr. Robert Daley
So, maybe I wouldn’t be dead if I did not have my husband, but life certainly wouldn’t be as pleasant.